General Terms & Conditions Warredal Cosy Cabins
For bookings made via our secure online booking system with a check-in date within 4 weeks of the date of booking, a full payment is due to confirm your booking. Bookings made via our secure online booking system with a check-in date later than 4 weeks of the date of your booking are subject to a 30% deposit to confirm the reservation. The remaining balance of the booking is due 4 weeks before the check-in date, not later.
We reserve the right to cancel your booking if the outstanding balance of your booking is not paid 4 weeks before your check-in date. The 30% deposit that was paid at the time of booking, will be retained by Warredal, as compensation.
Regardless of the method of booking, a “cooling-off” period of 7 days after the booking is provided. In case of cancellation we will withhold administrative costs.
- Payment and reservation
The following payment methods are accepted:
- Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Carte Bleue, Cartes Bancaires, iDeal, Bancontact, ING Homepay, KBC, Belfius Direct.
For every reservation we charge € 29.50 administration costs.
The VAT rate is dependent on the nature of the reserved products (accommodation, service, etc.), and is automatically calculated and displayed on your invoice. Any rates displayed on our website are inclusive of VAT.
Tourist tax is excluded from the price of your booking. Tourist tax is due upon arrival, and the amount is charged per person per day.
- Change or cancellation
In case of changes to or cancellation of your booking, you will be asked to submit a written request, preferably by e-mail. Your booking code must be mentioned in the subject of your e-mail.
- Cancellation by yourself before your stay
For each cancellation, the following provisions will apply:
- in case of cancellation more than 4 weeks before the date of arrival, 30% of the booking price will be deducted incl. 29,50€ administration fees.
- in case of cancellation in the period of 4 weeks to 2 weeks before the stay, 50% of the booking price incl. 29,50€. administration fees will be deducted
- in case of cancellation within 14 days before arrival, break or non-completion of the stay, the full price for the booked stay will be due to Warredal incl. administration fees
In case of cancellation we will withhold the administrative fees.
- Changes before your stay
You can change your reservation up to 8 days before arrival. For this modification € 50 is charged (plus any extra costs in case of a more expensive booking).
- Change or cancellation of the stay by Warredal, BEFORE your arrival
The management reserves the right to cancel your stay for safety reasons in case of a weather warning that warns against weather conditions independent of our will, such as storms, storms or thunderstorms. In such a case, we will propose to postpone your stay to a later date, which falls within the following 12 months, or we can refund the amounts paid in full to you.
- Change or cancellation of the stay by Warredal, ON SITE (for measurements concerning Covid-19 read below)
The management reserves the right to cancel your overnight stay (only if you are staying in a Treetop between trees) in case of a weather warning that warns of weather conditions independent of our will, such as storms, storms or thunderstorms. You will be offered an alternative stay, without additional costs, subject to availability. You will receive a refund of the difference in price.
- Change or cancellation of the stay by Warredal, ON SITE
If you refuse to stay in your booked Cabin (reasons such as fear, fear of heights, …), you will not be able to claim any compensation.
- Measurements concerning Covid-19
Changes or cancellations of your stay by Warredal before your arrival or on site during the COVID-19 crisis will be treated according to the rules given by the Belgian government.
- Code ‘orange’: The general terms and contitions apply.
- Belgium ‘code red’: The visitors from abroad will receive a voucher for the value of their stay. You must contact us 7 days before arrival.
- You come from a location that is marked ‘code red’ by Belgium (entry restriction): you will receive a voucher for the value of your stay. You must contact us 7 days before arrival.
Attention: As long as no travel or entry restrictions related to Covid-19 apply, our general terms and conditions apply.
Cancellation due to illness or quarantine due to contact tracing are also under our general conditions!
The number of persons per cabin stated on our website corresponds to the maximum permitted occupancy, considering the available facilities. Due to safety and insurance reasons, this number may not be exceeded.
VAT is included in our prices. Only the prices stated on our website are valid. Tourist tax is not included in the prices stated by us online, these costs will have to be paid on site.
Included in the price of your stay:
- Access and use of the forest camp
- Water consumption/li>
- Wood for the wood stove/li>
- Beds made before arrival, including bed linen
An official document with the age of the children can be requested at the start of the stay.
The “Sweet”, “Classic”, “Tree Top” and “Tree Trunk” Cabins are suitable for all children, regardless of their age.
The “treetop” is on hight, parents should be aware of the small children.
- Special conditions
Access to the “Tree top” Cabins is forbidden for people with vertigo, somnambulism, heart problems or uncorrected vision loss.
Dogs and pets are our friends and are allowed in some of our cabins and on the domain. A single dog under 20 kilo is allowed per Cabin, and we charge a small supplement for this. The dog must have received the required vaccinations, and if the dog leaves the Cabin, the dog must be kept on a leash. If your pet causes a nuisance, we retain the right to ask you to take it to a local animal shelter.
- Valuable objects
We do not recommend leaving valuable items in the accommodations. Management cannot be held liable for thefts that are committed there.
All complaints related to your stay should be sent to the following address by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt, within 30 days of your stay:
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking
It is strictly forbidden to be in a state of drunkenness in the Cabins or in the entrances (the stairs, ladders, bridges and pontoons).
Smoking in the Cabins is forbidden. All our Cabins have a terrace where you can smoke, provided you do not leave any cigarette stubs in the nature. An ashtray will be present in every Cabin. It is forbidden to smoke when a code red or orange has been issued by the fire brigade.
In case of disputes, only the courts in Hasselt are considered competent.
- Your stay
We kindly ask that you agree with us on the hour of your arrival, in accordance with the proposed check-in times, at the latest 24 hours before your arrival (by mail or telephone). If you arrive later or are held up the last minute, you must inform us.
Check-in is between 15:00 and 20:00. You are kindly requested not to arrive late. If you arrive after 22:00, we have the right to refuse you access as this can cause nuisance to other guests.
It is strictly forbidden to camp on the domain or to make a fire. We also ask you to respect the roads. Cars are not allowed on the premises, you can park your car in the parking lot at the entrance.
We ask you to strictly follow all safety instructions during your stay.
On the day of your departure, the Cabins must be vacated before 10.30 am. We ask you to leave the Cabins as neatly as possible and to return the equipment that we have entrusted you with to the reception. If the check-out takes place later than 10:30, we reserve the right to charge you an extra € 60.
We ask you to leave your cabin in the same condition as you received it and according to the guidelines in the Welcome Booklet. If this is not respected, we reserve the right to charge you an extra € 30.
Wij aanvaarden geen aansprakelijkheid voor:
- Theft, loss or damage, of whatever nature, during or as a result of a stay in a Cabin.
- Disabling or decommissioning of technical equipment and the failure or closure of facilities on the domain..
- The tenant and the person accompanying him or her are jointly and severally liable for all loss and / or damage that will arise for Warredall and / or any third party as a direct or indirect consequence of their stay, regardless of whether this was caused by actions or negligence of themselves or of third parties who are on the property, and of all damage caused by any animal and / or property they have in their possession.
- Additional (cleaning) costs may be charged if the Cabin is used incorrectly or left incorrectly.
Warredal reserves the right to request a deposit amount (€50, or €70 when traveling with a pet) at the check-in if they deem necessary at that moment, to prevent any form of loss caused by inappropriate use of the cabin or the domain. No actual money is withdrawn from the account, but only a ‘reservation’ is made. If no damage or loss due toinappropriate use of the cabin is determined, the deposit reservation will be removed. However, in the case of loss or damage, we reserve the right to keep a part of the deposit or the entire amount of the deposit.
By accepting these general terms and conditions, you declare that you are aware that your stay is in the open air, with all the less pleasant surprises that can result: changeable weather conditions, presence of insects, birds and mammals in the vicinity of the Cabins and possible even in the Cabin.
Update 31st November 2019.